- The angle grinder uses an electric motor to drive an abrasive or cutting disc at high speeds.
- The discs are turned at speeds that range from 5,000 rpm to 12,000 rpm.
- The turning disc is used to grind or cut metal.
- The grinder size relates to the diameter of the disc used. This can range from 100 mm to 230 mm (4 inches to 9 inches). The size of grinder required is dictated by the type of job you are doing.
- The smaller the grinder, the higher the speed it turns.
Whenever you use a power tool, you must use personal protective clothing and equipment that is appropriate for the task and which conforms to your local safety regulations and policies. Among other items, this may include:
- Position the disc
Hold the face of the disc against the work, not the edge.
- Work carefully
Be careful that the motor’s torque does not cause the grinder to slip out of your hand. Do not press too hard. Let the grinder do the work.
- Select the correct disc
Use the edge of the wheel, not the face when using a cutting disk.