An impersonator forced his way into a residence in False Bay after claiming to be from the Military Police. He gained access to the residence by falsely alerting the resident to a 'suspicious" man in the vicinity of the neighborhood. After requesting a glass of water, the resident opened a security gate, and after a calm discussion was abruptly struck on the side of the head with a rock.
The resident was able to react and force the intruder off the premises and alert the police.
- Always ask for identification, preferably with a photo ID.
- If it seems unusual that a person wishes to enter your house, chances are they are they shouldn't be there!
- If you are unsure, ask them to hang on while you verify their credentials with their employer.
- Never give out any personal information
- Don't open the door for anyone you do not recognize.
- Look for a uniform or branded vehicle showing the organization's branding.
- If you are at any point fearful, phone 10111 immediately.